Boho Table Setting




As a little girl, I remember moving the furniture all around my bedroom.  It was a tiny room, but it was mine.  My baby blue painted furniture got shuffled and dragged around that space, I don't know how many times! My mum would peek in and just quietly shut the door, leaving me to my creative chaos. To this day nothing has changed.  Thankfully, I have the most amazing man as a husband and he knows it's  who I am.  Once a nester, always a nester...am I right?
I don't enjoy cleaning unless I can re-arrange as well! Today, after some dusting and cleaning, here's my take on a boho table setting.




Last week I shared my dining space.  Then I got busy setting the table. Luckily, Boho seems to be the rage right now.  It's wonderful to put out a mix of style and metalics and it works!




How I set my table

Layers
I like to pick my colour theme and then ransack the house looking for different items I can incorporate. This 'tablecloth' is actually a scarf from a second hand store (well washed). I layered the crochet doilies on top to lengthen the center of the table.  My napkins are made from fabric in the discount bin and heavily bleached to tone down the colour and give them a weathered look.


Tools
Make sure to add the proper equipment for the meal.  Bowls for soup, knives, serving spoons, even hot pads. Maybe some wine is on the menu for some wine glasses.




Mix and match
Using an array of pattern and textures gives the setting character.
Most of the dishes are from years of thrift store finds. Along with the glassware.  When our daughters were little, and even now for that matter, if a plate gets damaged, it doesn't ruin the 'set'. You can always find white dishes anywhere.
Choosing only white or cream coloured plates makes for easy collecting and easy matching.  Now I am on the look out for recycled glass glassware.  Wine glasses to be exact.  All of the recycled wine glasses I  have are from second hand stores. Usually bought as singles.




Personality
This is the fun part. As long as you leave room for the food, go crazy!
I love candles so this is always a given.  Arranging them at different heights, without blocking the view from each side makes the setting playful and well lite. A plant and some sea shells add some more fun!





There you have it, now it's time to dine!


Links
Moonlight and Mason Jars
Share your Cup
A Stroll thru Life/inspire me tuesday
Dwellings/amaze me monday
Coastal Charm/show and share
Dishing it and Digging it


7 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I especially like the colorful bowls in the basket. You gave me lots of inspiration this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are are sisters! I rearrange furniture constantly! My family jokes that the dust bunnies moved out long ago, only because the couch or beds never stays in the same spot for more then 4 months. Your table is just beautiful by the way. I am loving the glassware and those napkins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!That's awesome...we are just keeping things fresh..and it's fun!

      Delete
  3. Fun "bohoscape"! I love all the glass. Happy thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Abby, your boho table is lovely. Love your dishware. You have created a pretty table with plenty of patterns and textures. Happy Sunday Abby and thank you for sharing your pretty creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Abby,

    I’m the Community Manager with Anagram Interactive, where we specialize in connecting established brands with prominent bloggers. We’re currently working with Paperless Post, a company that designs customizable online and printed stationery, to show that communication can be personal and well-designed regardless of the medium.

    Paperless Post has partnered with several world-famous designers and lifestyle brands, including kate spade new york, Oscar de la Renta, Jonathan Adler, and Rifle Paper Co., and has delivered over 85 million cards to date. Since you have such an engaging and beautifully-designed blog, we’d like to offer you 600 Paperless Post digital Coins (a $60 value) for free to try out our online service and write about your experience.

    We really think you’ll enjoy Paperless Post and can’t wait to hear what you think. Please let me know if this is something you’d be interested in and I’ll show you how to get started.

    Best,
    Ann
    ann@anagraminteractive.com

    ReplyDelete