Cottage Woodland Wreath for Fall




Are the mornings getting chilly where you live?  Can you feel the changing of the seasons?  Leaves haven't started to fall yet, but soon they'll be crunching under our foot steps. Big,  cosy blankets get pulled out again, sweaters come to the front of our closet...its coming!  Yes, I am saying that with excitement!  And so begins the start of fall decorating.  First on my list of change is the front door wreath.




I  usually reuse my wreaths for a few years, until I get fresh inspiration. My inspiration this year, nature, a woodland/boho wreath.  Made of  twigs, moss, raffia,  creamy mums, feathers, and smaller brass tipped feathers.


Once I make a plan, either on paper or through pinterest, I start collecting.   This straw wreath was found at the Dollar store, at an unbelievable price of three for three dollars!   It's a little smaller then what I wanted but you can always enlarge a wreath by layering materials on.


Using twirling twigs I tied them onto the wreath in groups of five or six with jute.




Adding the twigs quickly stretched out the size of the wreath.  Now, looking much bigger and a tad bit wild, it's much closer to my vision.


Using the grey moss, I filled in all the open holes in the front and along the sides.
Hiding all the yellow straw, I attached the mums randomly with hot glue.


Burlap was then hot glued to the back of the wreath to add a bit more texture and fullness.  After painting the tips of my smaller feathers with gold I spaced them randomly, adding a hint of bling and texture.














Now I have my family searching secondhand stores for large brass pots. I want to add them down
the front steps for a bit more shine and sparkle.
In a recent post where I shared our new exterior lighting, you can see the start of my brass pot collection (the very back, left side...collections have to start somewhere ;).

(click on picture to see this post)

*  *  *
Spring Cottage Wreath

(click on picture to see this post)

*  *  *


Happy decorating for fall!
I'm linking up with
My Repurposed Life/talk of the town
The Scoop

4 comments:

  1. Abby, your wreaths are so pretty. You are very creative. How special to create something so lovely for your home.
    I appreciate you sharing your wonderful creativity at DI&DI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda! That's a lovely complement coming from you! Crafting is an outlet for me...I'm sure you understand :)

      Delete
  2. Saw this on The Scoop link party. Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! It was a lot of fun to make :)

      Delete