Slipcovers for our Couch and Love Seat


Yaayy!
For fabric sales 
I found 7 meters for about $35
and 13 meters for about $100.
 The french script fabric is lovely
but expensive so I only got 1 meter
which pushed my creativity.
:)







I have been wanting to slipcover
this couch and a love seat
for some time now. I had to work out a plan
of how I could make the fabric work together and not 
look like I ran out.


With the 13 meters I had just enough to complete this one couch,
very little left over...phew!
It is a thick fabric and I dont know if you can tell but it
has a wonderful grey undertone, yum!





I am so happy with it! It needs a little altering
on the seat cushions, but I couldnt wait 
to post pictures.


The "right" side of the love seat fabric was
really yellow once I brought it home and
under our living room lighting. Not wanting 
any yellow in the living room,
 I flipped it over and used the "wrong"
side.  I do that a lot, use the wrong side.
:)




 It was a  ton of pinning, cutting, basting and serging....


I did a little painting,
trying to industrialize it and
give the love seat some grey to 
work with the couch tones.


I used a little of the french fabric
to cover the lampshade, but it was super painful to 
cut it..:\











Happy Friday

I am linking up with
http://romantichome.blogspot.ca/2013/02/valentines-day-cupcakes-show-and-tell.html
http://missmustardseed.com/2013/02/furniture-feature-friday-favorites-a-link-party-19/
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013/02/fabulousy-creative-friday-linky-party.html
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.ca/2013/02/feathered-nest-friday_14.html




14 comments:

  1. Love your slipcovers! They look perfectly ruffly and romantic! Wish I had the ambition to slipcover my couch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You! I am glad I finally made them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous job with the slipcover. It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You did a great job on the slip covers! It all looks wonderful in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your slipcovers turned out so well! A nice look for your room with the pretty ruffles and lovely lampshade makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your slipcovers- the ruffles are perfect. Sharing at the party tonight~ thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your slipcover is beautiful. I really love the footstool or is it an ottoman? It is gorgeous! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the slipcovers! I love how they turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful. Man I want to make slipcovers for my sofa and loveseat. I have very little sewing experience. I just love how it looks! Nice job : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you! I think that is an ottoman, but we treat it like a table/ottoman/stool.Here is a before look at it...
    http://abbysway.blogspot.ca/2012/01/slip-covered-ottoman.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are terrific. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to be visiting your blog once more, it has been months for me. Well this article that ive been waited for therefore long. i want this article to finish my assignment within the faculty, and it has same topic together with your article. Thanks, nice share. Best Slipcovers For Sofas in 2018

    ReplyDelete